Here is a random selection of my thoughts from the past 24 hours:
- I only have 1 day of work left – Yay!!
- Wow, I have a lot of stuff in my office drawers.
- Studying for my logic test (need to pass it or take a class for my degree) – logic was trivially easy when I first learned it, so it shouldn’t be too bad to pick up again.
- I think I found the problem with the home PC. Guess it wasn’t just the power supply. Thankfully, I have a spare PC of the same model that happens to be out of warranty and will be scrap in a day.
- Ok, when logic was trivially easy, that was 15 years ago, and I spent several hours a week for four months learning it. Relearning it in only 2 weeks isn’t as easy.
- I am definitely a full student now. Studying for my logic certification test until 4am. Yawn.
- Kids who lose their teeth need doors that aren’t squeaky.
- Time to train someone on this scheduling app – oh good, it won’t install.
- You know, leaving this job is a lot like selling your home. I spent the past few weeks fixing all of the bugs in systems that I just put up with for years so that the next person won’t have to deal with them.
- Geez, it’s my last day of work! Holy panic, Batman, what have I done?! We’re going to be on the streets by summer and I don’t have a radio voice to save us!
- Time for the logic test and… crappit! Of course, I didn’t study that! There exists a person who understands this question. That person is not me.
- Well, that test was just ugly enough that I have no clue if I passed or failed.
- Final documenting everything I know at work. Turn in my keys and close the office. Gulp.
- No time to worry, got to write up a syllabus this weekend and plan out my entire course – plus tonight we have five 11 year old girls over for Samantha’s birthday sleepover.
- Deep breaths and Beethoven’s 9th for the walk home. That’s better.